[aprssig] 144.39 mhz signal from my SONY 42" HDTV

Kent Hufford khufford at atlanticbb.net
Tue Sep 9 19:33:28 UTC 2008

When our 42" SONY HDTV is on, it puts out a signal on 144.39 so strong that
two rooms away, I get a S7 signal on my 2m APRS ICOM 229 radio.

Swept the TV with my D7. Signal is all over the TV, back, front, makes no

The TV is hooked to a cable box. The cable box can stay on, and not receive
the interference on the APRS freq. It's only when the TV is on, that I get
the interference.

I have tried different channels, different "formats" HD and Analog, etc,
only way to stop the interference so far is turn the TV OFF.

I have it plugged into a APC 500 UPS. I plug it into a wall socket, makes no

I had the same setup before we moved 3 months ago, and no interference.

Ideas? Other than give up TV or APRS... Or a new TV?

khufford at atlanticbb.net