[aprssig] APRS demo

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 20:33:36 UTC 2008

Magnus wrote:
> Sounds like a good project for your local club to adopt.  Maybe
> collocate an IGate with your club repeater, hooked up to the genset and
> batteries?
> 73 DE KI4OTK

The problem with this (at least in the West) is that the high
mountaintops that repeaters are often located on seldom have Internet

(I went through this drill trying to get a WiFi link up to a 3000-foot
mountain top so that an Echolink node co-located with a wide-coverage
voice repeater could reach the Internet. )

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,