[aprssig] Proper DIGI Path

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Sep 26 02:02:14 UTC 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Yes, everything that goes into the addendums is proposed,
> discussed, argued, debated ad nauseum and finalized here on the

That's fine, but you didn't really answer my question...

  "Is there an "APRS Working Group" as mentioned in the
    'APRS spec' or is that basically you now?"

> Then it is documented in the addendums. The 1.1
> addendum was solidified in 2004. The 1.2 contains additional
> items since then.

It really needs to be placed in a single document. I open the original
document from time to time to look something up, but it's more than a
pain to have to go search through pages on a website to find what has
changed and then try and cross-reference it to the original manual. It's
more work than I'm willing to do and that probably goes for a lot of
other people too. I know that it would take time to do this, but
according to the information you provided, it's nearly four years since
the "1.1 addendum". Getting version 1 and 1.1 and 1.2 all into one
document would make it a lot easier for someone that wants to study
the APRS spec. Oh... now I see an "APRS spec 1.3 proposal" at the
bottom of the 1.2 page - hi!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH