[aprssig] Current digi settings

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Apr 14 04:23:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Bob Bruninga  wrote:

>>> How do you stop people from using
>>> abusive paths like "WIDE2-5"?
>> Simple, program your digi to drop them
>> on the floor and forget them.
> No, that is the wrong approach, It does not solve anything, in fact it
> makes matters worse.  The sender will see that his packets are not
> working and bump up to WIDE2-6 or 2-7.  That is human nature.  If people
> cannot hear you, shout louder...
   That's no worse.  It doesn't matter how big the numbers get, they get no
hops anyway.
> The only fix to a poor path is to contact the individual and Elmer him
> to help him use APRS properly...
  Yes, I agree on the elmering.  But if their packets are going nowhere,
they'll come here looking for help, and we don't have to go looking for
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009