[aprssig] UI-VIEW setup

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Dec 5 03:31:52 UTC 2009

Andrew VK4TEC wrote...

> Shot down in flames once again

That is supposed to encourage anyone (including me) to help you?

> Trying to configure VK4* messaging INET <---> RF
>
> Our load is VERY low for messages.

There isn't a setting for gating ONLY messages in the "edit IGATE.II"
settings. The APRS Server Setup has a place where you can tell it to
gate messages to local stations, but the setting for "who is local" is
in IGATE.INI. If you decide to gate everything from all VK4 stations to
RF, it will be a lot more than just messages. Per the IGATE.INI help...

"Inet to RF - You use this section to specify callsigns/aliases that
will have traffic, besides messages to your local stations, gated from
the internet to RF. You can also use it to specify callsigns that will
never have any traffic gated. NOTE - think at least twice about what
traffic you gate to RF! If you misuse this feature, then you will make
yourself very unpopular with the local APRS community!"

Note where it says "besides messages". If you just want to gate messages
to local stations, do exactly that. If you want to gate everything from
all VK4 stations to RF and you think it's a good idea, then do
exactly that. Gating messages to local stations is enabled in the APRS
Server Setup. Determining what is local is set in IGATE.INI.