[aprssig] USB to Serial Converter

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Sun Dec 20 16:07:40 UTC 2009

> Without me looking into the archives, What is a good USB to Serial
> Converter out there guaranteed to work ?

Guaranteed to work with what? That's the problem!

I have had good luck with the pfranc converter

with all devices *except* my TM-D710, which seems to insist on
a converter that uses the Prolific chipset. I found a generic
converter at my local Fry's that I was able to google and discover
that it has the Prolific chips, and it works fine for the 710;
I don't use it with anything else.

73 de chris K6DBG