[aprssig] Automatic omni DF query

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Feb 10 03:38:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Scott Miller wrote:

> Before anyone asks, these particular units won't work for 121.5 - I've
> only been able to get them to receive as low as 127 MHz.
   That's a moot point anyway - I just read on another site that the
government has announced the discontinuance of satellite monitoring of
121.5 and 223.0, obsoleting a huge 'fleet' of ELTs., so all the boaters,
aviators, and hikers will be forced to upgrade to the new standard.

Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009