[aprssig] Email?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 01:52:29 UTC 2009

Joel Maslak wrote:
> I want to get messages from other hams, I'll run a client on whatever
> internet or RF device I'm using.  Maybe we need some really simple
> and slick APRS message clients.   Something lightweight without maps.

It already exists.    UI-Instant Messenger can operate either as a
UIview plug-in, or as an application with
the AGW Packet Engine, or as a direct IP client on Internet
connections.   Use it as a replacement for the messaging function inside
UIview to overcome the lack of the proper decaying repetition rate for
unacked msgs in UIview.

Get it here:

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:     WA8LMF