[aprssig] Doubling APRS messaging in ham radio overnight

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Jan 24 16:49:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

>> I like typing "PICs" instead of the other mouthfull.  Is there a better all encompasing term for tiny thinggy's?
> The term is microcontrollers.  PIC=microcontroller is like vehicle
> tracking=APRS (i.e. just wrong).
  If you like acronyms, I frequently see 'microcontroller' abbreviated to

...and a better analogy would be "PIC is to microcontroller as Kleenex is
to facial tissue".

Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009