[aprssig] Sierra wireless 881 pc card gps

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 13:02:44 UTC 2009

You need a comm manager that will allow a comport to be a virtual com port.
May be using the wrong terms but you would tell APRS to use comm 4 let's say
if that is open then this program you set up will be told that com 23 is a
virtual port and to "patch" it over to COM 4 as if it were a real port.

I have used these lon in the past and think one is MixW Serial Port Bridge.
Also DeLorme had one I believed on their web site so you could set up their
USB GPS units to feed several virtual ports and feed several programs with
the same GPS data.