[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF

Michael Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Wed Jul 22 14:39:36 UTC 2009

Pete makes an excellent point though that ECHOSVR would match what is in
place today with CQSRVR and WXSVR.  My .02 would be to stay with that

Then a simple webpage that Google finds with ECHOSVR on it and the contact
about any issues would handle the rest.

It would seem odd to me to see my KB8ZGL-R EL object come from someone
else's callsign.  That would bother me more than seeing it come from my own
callsign even though I didn't put it out there.  Thus the ECHOSVR is a great
solution from Pete's recommendation.

Anyways... GREAT project guys, I have my IRLP nodes all on APRS, but now I
can add the EchoLink only ones also!