[aprssig] NE Illinois Balloon Tracks

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:41:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Rick Green<rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:

>  This doesn't follow.  Anywhewre east of the Mississippi, the density of
> igates is such that if you hit even one digi, you're going to make it to the
> aprs-is

This statement misses twice: 1) a single digipeat does not, in my
experience, provide any certainty if making it into APRS-IS, and 2)
makes the totally invalid assumption that the purpose of the APRS
tracker is to make it to the internet.

I don't really care if it makes it to APRS-IS, I need to see it on RF,
in the chase vehicle!