[aprssig] open vs. closed in ham radio (was: Is WXSVR Permanently Defunct???)

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 17:34:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Steve Dimse<steve at dimse.com> wrote:
> In the time it takes someone to understand Dale's code they could probably
> have written their own,

You miss the point:  if the code works, I don't have to _understand_
it, I just have to _run_ it.  I don't have to reverse engineer
Microsoft Office to open a word document.

And to make it very clear, I'm not talking about Dale, I appreciate
the service he has provided, I wish him the best, he can do as he
pleases with his system and code, and I have no idea what's happening
with the WXSVR situation.  I'm talking about the general question of
closed source services being provided to ham radio.