[aprssig] USNS and APRS

Gord H gordoh1937 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 03:05:05 UTC 2009

How universal would this be?

From: Shawn Stoddard <stoddard at pobox.com>
To: aprssig at tapr.org
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:00:03 PM
Subject: [aprssig] USNS and APRS

Anybody here familiar with the US National Grid? While I think that lat/long will continue to rule the APRS world using the USNG looks like an interesting idea where voice communications are involved? Most GPS units appear to support it under a different name (MGRS) and it appears to be something that most federal agencies speak or should be speaking. I am just now getting into my research and wanted to bring this idea up in this forum since location information is definitely part of the tactical information scene.

Bob, any thoughts on using USNG with APRSTT?

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at tapr.org