[aprssig] Navteq GPS Survey Vehicle

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Tue Mar 24 17:16:03 UTC 2009

Last week I was in the San Francisco area for work and spotted a NAVTEQ GPS
Survey Vehicle.  It was in Concord, CA at the same hotel as I was staying.

Here's a link to a pic I snapped:

The Thule roof rack cover hides an array of 6 video cameras and a GPS
receiver.   There was some kind of industrial tablet PC in the front seat
area and a rack mount of equipment in the back (probably hard drives for

I never did manage to meet the driver/operator.  I'm sure he gets pumped
with a lot of questions.