[aprssig] TH-D7 versions. (Was RE: Reminder for US members:Reset the time in your radios)

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 12:59:13 UTC 2009

AFIK (same with the D7) they are OK with connected modes, so long as you
don't fill up a buffer with TX stuff waiting to go, and allow it to
empty it's RX buffer to your PC with no hinderance.

The lockup problems were I believe worse with the D7 in KISS mode, on a
"Busy" channel trying to be used with digipeating software such as
UiView etc.

If the D700/710 has means to signal to your PC that it still has stuff
waiting to go (like a real TNC's STA lamp) that makes life easier, but
if that works in KISS mode I don't know.

If you just want a single use link, 1 to 1 connected system, and you're
not going to shovel loads of data back and forth continualy, there will
probably be no problem.

If you can get a good enough link on 70cms, try it at 9k6?   I think the
700/710 will do that ?    The only way to find out for sure, is to try

Unless anyone else here knows different, in that case, I'm sure they
will say so.

Dave G0WBX.