[aprssig] APRS Solar Power (I was wrong)

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 00:17:32 UTC 2009

Bob wrote;

> Instead, most any enterprising ham should
> be able to provide his own backup power using a cheap $150 1 kW
> inverter running off his car's 12V system for any power outages.

Bob, that sounds like a price for a modified sine wave inverter. Pure sine wave inverters are much more expensive.

The cheap ones usually make RFI. I experience this in the truck.

See the recent QST article on inverters for good info.

7 3

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Quoting from the Coast Guard: ZUT
Posted via Blackberry