[aprssig] Suggested navigation GPS units

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Wed Oct 14 21:28:34 UTC 2009

Personally, I would buy a refurbished Nuvi 350:

and one of Scotts FMI cables:

That will feed your GPS position to the Kenwood and you should end up seeing
waypoints for APRS stations the radio sees.  With the D700 the icons for the
stations will be circles or some generic icon on the Nuvi IIRC but they'll
have their callsign next to them.  In addition you get a car nav system out
of the Nuvi 350.

Nuvi 350 (refurbished) = $109
Translator Cable = $48
APRS goodness = priceless