[aprssig] Subject: Re: SKY1 - callsign? Wayne County, Ohio.

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 14:20:06 UTC 2010

> I don't believe that jamming (on RF or APRS-IS) is the right approach.

My intent was not n to encourage it, just discussing (point out) the legality of this. Sorry if it sounded that way.

> I also don't think this is going to be a huge problem for long.
> I suspect the unlicensed operators are going to use what is
> easy - and I suspect cell phones are going to be that easy
> solution soon.

Airborn cell phones are still illegal due to potential aircraft equipment interference.  As a technical matter, when in the air they can wreak havoc in the cell system since they get into so many cell sites.  It should attract attention there very quickly.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)