[aprssig] New experimental GMSK version of APRS Messenger

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:44:23 UTC 2010

>> I wonder if the Smallwonder PSK rigs would work for APRS Messenger.
>>   http://smallwonderlabs.com/psk31_new.htm
>> We might have to tweak the expected frequency usage a bit but it would
>> give a nice simple rig to use.
>> 73
>> Bill - WA7NWP

> Yes that would work well with the right crystal. If it was set to 10.1476
> MHz it could be used for all HF APRS modes.
> 73,
> Chris, G4HYG

Thanks Chris,

Here's another twist on using the Small Wonder PSK31 transceivers..
Maybe it's time for a 40 meter APRS-PSK channel.   We could use the
stock PSK-40 and pick one small frequency range to use that's
available with the existing 7.070 crystal.  That should work well for
a regional setup.   After all these years we'd finally have an off the
shelf reasonably priced radio for HF-APRS.

Bill - WA7NWP