[aprssig] FW: Shorten packets! Try TXD=200 ms

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Aug 24 17:45:16 UTC 2010

Imagine I'm standing in a room full of people.  I stand on a chair and start
shouting "Attnention everyone!! MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE".  Within
the first 5 seconds, most will be quiet.  If I do this for 5 minutes, I'll
shut the stragglers up too.  Then I can speak and be heard.  But we won't
have much thruput if I spend 5 minutes to get everyone to shutup and then
all I say is something short like "Lunch is ready".

We must be careful here that some well meaning individual doesn't extend
this to some exaggerated length of time.
God help those who do not help themselves.