[aprssig] WA8LMF UI-Webserver Back On-Line

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 19:07:22 UTC 2010

Just got back from a month-plus  out-of-town trip only to discover that my ATT
DSL modem had died, cutting off access to the live UI-Websever HF and VHF APRS
maps on my website.

The majority of <*http://wa8lmf.net*>    is on a commercial hosting server.
However the live maps of off-the-air 30-meter HF activity & off-the-air local
Los Angeles 2-meter activity as heard at my QTH in Pasadena,  and the "follow
me" map that tracks me from the Internet feed as I drive,    are served by
three copies of UIview and the UI-Webserver over my home consumer DSL
connection at

The modem failure cut off access to these maps and also disabled my HF/VHF
igate.    I replaced the modem last night, and now the  wa8lmf.dyndns.org
domain is back online.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net