[aprssig] 3' snow emergency dumb idea...(response)

david Vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 21:01:43 UTC 2010

I applaud bobs mcguyvering in spirit, but if it's about being prepared, then why not prepare to do it the right way?

To whoever else that was, widebanding a radio doesn't carry a risk of getting someone killed.

If your utility people catch you doing this, you should expect to be disconnected, last to be reconnected, and possibly arrested.

The double male cord is like jumper cables.. 'perfectly safe' as long as you don't make any mistakes.  (except for that time the battery exploded when I connected the ground cable.. Static charge I'm guessing)

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
Rudy Benner wrote:

A licensed electrician can do many things that
would normally be considered illegal, but only when he is in attendance. He then
also takes responsibility.
I have 2 trade tickets, both with the
interprovincial seal. I have 40 years in the trade. I work mainly on industrial
I have a legal obligation to rat out anyone who
back feeds into the realm of Hydro. Electrical Inspectors just LOVE hearing
about stuff like this, as do Fire Marshalls.
The hydro boys are very safety conscious, they need
to be, many have been killed over the years. All these silly laws are the result
of casualties.
You can do what you want, so long as you prepared
to face the consequences, and you have lots of insurance and/or a good