[aprssig] AGWPE Issues ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Jan 8 02:26:23 UTC 2010

Are other people having problems with using the free version of AGWPE with
Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 with all of the latest updates) or
Vista (Service Pack 2 with all of the latest updates)?

On both of my laptops, I'm seeing it hang. It's keying the radio and not
unkeying. The tray icon shows a little red light. It will only work for short
periods before entering this condition. The only thing I've found that will
stop it is to kill it.

I'm using a Serial to USB Adapter that I got from Argent Data Systems
with the drivers provided with the cable.

On XP, the Pro version appears to work without hanging.
William McKeehan