[aprssig] APRS frame check (CRC-16) code

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sun Jan 10 09:41:18 UTC 2010

I'm looking at using PSK-63 on HF as a transmission medium for APRS packets.

So far I've got a working program to send and receive APRS formatted
packets over PSK-63 but now I want to add the frame check sequence
(CRC-16) to each packet so that corrupted packets are rejected at the
receive station before they are sent to the APRS-IS.

Does any one have any working code for the frame check sequence (I'm
using Visual Basic 6) or can you point me in the right direction?

Chris, G4HYG

Chris Moulding
Cross Country Wireless (2009) Ltd
7 Thirlmere Grove, Bolton, Lancs, BL4 0QB, UK
Tel/fax: +44(0)1204 410626
Mobile:  +44(0)7752 391908
Website: http://www.crosscountrywireless.net
Company number 6780346 registered in England and Wales