[aprssig] Maps

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 15:54:30 UTC 2010

Mark Earle wrote:
> OK, I'm not a UI-View user, but there are many.
> Put this:    undertow precision mapping aprs
> in google.
> In particular:
> http://www.ui-view.org/uiview32/PrecisionMapping8.htm
> Also:
> http://chicagomap.com/support.htm
> Before spending $, you might get the input from a current UI-View user
> as to 8.1 and UI-View.

Precision Mapping 8.1

     [Chicago Map became Undertow Software about 5 years ago]

works with UI-View via the Precision Mapping Server 7.07 (a.k.a. "PMap
Server 7") plug-in for UI-View, just like the two previous versions.

However, the install procedure IS -NOT- the same, due to outdated
Precision Mapping components that are included in the Pmap Server 7
installer.  (The installer and instructions included with the PMap
Server 7.07 are for use with Ver 7.x of Precision Mapping and have never
been updated for Precision Mapping 8.x.)

UI-View has been "frozen in time" since the program's author died nearly
6 years ago, making changes to the program installer impossible.   An
ever-increasing number of fixes and workarounds are required after the
initial install.   Details on installing and using UI-View and Precision
Mapping 8.1, are here:

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    *** HF APRS over PSK63 ***

Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System