[aprssig] SSID Standardization
Bob Burns W9RXR
w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Mon Jun 7 05:18:36 CDT 2010
At 10:53 AM 6/6/2010, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>-9 primary Mobiles of all types
>-14 Truckers and full time drivers
Why take up one of the 16 available SSIDs to distinguish between
regular mobiles and trucks? Could -14 be put to better use for some
Bob, I know you'll cringe when you read this, but SSIDs really
present a problem for me. In my APRS arsenal, I have the following:
1. A Kenwood TM-D710 in my car.
2. A Kenwood TM-D710 in my SUV.
3. Two Argent Data T2-135s mounted in Alinco DR-135 radios. They
could theoretically be used anywhere I need a temporary tracker or digipeater.
4. Two Argent Data T2-301s that can be used as standalone trackers.
5. And I occasionally run UI-View either at home or mobile.
If I give them all a separate SSID, I need seven.
More information about the aprssig