[aprssig] SSID Standardization

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jun 6 14:53:05 UTC 2010

SSID's (again):

As more and more handheld and mobile apps flash up nearby APRS callsigns on small displays, I think it is becomming more important to encourage standard SSID's where possible for more instant situational awareness.  In the past, I was hesitant to try to nail down all the SSID's too precisely...  But now am willing to take another look at the list.  Here is what I posted on another list:

Here is my more thoughtful answer, and maybe some <== ideas for improvement... and a HOPE that we can get everyone to converge on the common list.