[aprssig] Hamfest and Local info

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 14:46:15 UTC 2010

ml41782 wrote:
> YOu can't tell me that there aren't at least 2 or more APRS users in
> each club. I agree with Bob. It should be up to them to put forth the
> effort to get that information up on the air and announce up coming
> events.
> My 2 cents
> Mike K4MQF

Again, I have to repeat that after two years of announcing ham club
meetings, and my Echolink node, on APRS in Los Angeles (the most active
APRS "market" in the country), I had exactly ONE response.   (An
itinerant trucker that found my Echolink node as a result of my

The simple fact is that,   like it or not,    APRS has morphed into
overwhelmingly  a one-way transmit-only AVL (automatic vehicle location)
network with the Internet being the end-user interface.  The vast
majority of users are simply not interested in receiving stuff in their

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

*** NEW ***  HF APRS Using PSK63

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,