[aprssig] New Kenwood RC-D710 Interface

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Mon Mar 22 21:56:53 UTC 2010

We have been working on a new lower cost interface for the Kenwood RC-D710 and standard D710 control head.  This interface allows you to easily connect the head to any radio for APRS use.

Basic Details:

- Built-in, filtered voltage regulator to take care of the power.
- Standard pinout 6 pin minidin packet port (use included male to male patch cable for plug and play operation with any radio that has a standard packet port)
- Hard mounted PowerPole DC power connection.
- Tough extruded aluminum housing.
- Small size: About 3" x 2" x 1" (LxWxH)

I have posted some inital photos and more details at:

We will have these for sale before Dayton and also plan to have them there, in stock, ready for sale, as well.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC