[aprssig] aprs.fi bookmarks video, and web location sharing

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Oct 12 14:48:45 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 00:18:21 Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
> On Sunday I made a video demonstrating the new bookmarks feature on
> aprs.fi, and uploaded it to Youtube. Feedback appreciated (maybe off-line
> using direct email instead of this mailing list). Should I invest time in
> making more of these for other features? Is it progressing too fast or too
> slow? Is the language understandable? Waste of time?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UA77fnIok

Hello Heikki:

Yes, the video was well done and useful.  I use aprs.fi as my primary aprs
viewer.  The one thing aprs.fi lacks is message transmission, so I use
openaprs for that.  Well done OM!

Perhaps, if you make more videos, put a link to them under the INFORMATION
section on your website.  Sometimes seeing it done is easier for new users
than simply reading about it.

jaye, ke6sls

How much does free cost?
How much is free worth?