[aprssig] APRS Msg Acks and Trailing Spaces

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:47:36 UTC 2010

> We know that some TNCs add or remove trailing
> spaces and that some digipeaters run those TNCs.

I did not think that was the case.  The problem is past that,
more like in the Igates and their interfce to the internet.

> Should a trailing space be considered significant
> or be ignored when acking or validating an ack in
> an APRS message interchange?

A trailing space like any other byte, should be honored.  In
fact, all Yaesu VX-8R packets end in a space (they chose it as
their radio TYPE ID)... See

We need to root out the processes that are incorrectly droping
trailng spaces..
Bob, Wb4APR