[aprssig] The bootleggers are getting smarter

J T w0jrt at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 18:38:38 UTC 2010

I noticed "KA9RKT" drove from the Chicago area to central Kansas, possibly heading for A.I.R.Fest (big, 4-day rocket launch, hence the "RKT" in the call.)  Curious to see who it was I looked it up only to find that it's an unassigned call.

Unfortunately, he's also being a bit abusive, beaconing every 30 seconds with a 3-hop path before entering an APRS black hole south of Wichita.

-Jerome, W0JRT