[aprssig] VHF Mountain-toppers Unite!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 18:30:41 UTC 2011

On 8/14/2011 1:19 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> For details and background please see:
> http://aprs.org/rovers.html
> Make sure you test your station before the event!
> Good luck in the Contest!  But remember the rules:
> 1) Single-op rovers are not allowed to use a digipeating path to extend their visibility, nor to digipeat others.
> 2) Multi-op stations may use APRS as noted above and may digipeat and be digipeaters and enjoy the view.
> 3) Anyone else (who does not submit scores) has no restrictions on how they use APRS during this event and are welcome to get their feet wet in VHF/UHF contesting too.

Why are single-op stations not to use a digi path?    I assume completely
separate radios/frequencies are used for scoring in the actual contest, so
what's the problem?

WA8LMF,   who no longer has any real mountains available as I am living in MI
rather than CA..........

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
=== Now relocated from Pasadena, CA back to 8-land (East Lansing, MI) ===
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====

*** HF APRS over PSK63 ***