[aprssig] advice on purchesing GPS for use with D-710

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 19:07:42 UTC 2011

On 8/31/2011 2:53 PM, Dave wrote:
> Hi.
> The original Yellow eTrex (basic) wont!  I have tried, from a D7.  Not a
> lot of point either, the screen is too small and limited.
> As a source of RS232 GPS data, they are great though.
> 73.
> Dave G0WBX.
> _

Interesting...   I have a Garmin ForeTrex 201 wrist-wearable GPS (which I
believe has identical firmware to the yellow eTrex) and it DOES plot from my
TH-D7A(g).    Pics of it in action here:

. <http://wa8lmf.net/ForeTrex/ForeTrexScreens.htm>

Review of the ForeTrex 201 here:

. <http://wa8lmf.net/ForeTrex>

Is there possibly some difference in the Euro version of the TH-D7 that
prevents this from working?

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
=== Now relocated from Pasadena, CA back to 8-land (East Lansing, MI) ===
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====

*** HF APRS over PSK63 ***