[aprssig] KPC3+ induced errors (was: KC0YA-11 and AE0SS-11 Balloons Aloft)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 20:46:19 UTC 2011

On 3/13/2011 1:42 PM, Russ Chadwick wrote:
> Earlier today I posted under this subject line that the I-gate that caused
> most of the packet delay problem with the EOSS balloon flights yesterday was
> using a KPC-3+ TNC.  That was incorrect.  He was using a D710 receiving
> 144.340 MHz and connected to UI-View sending packets through Comcast to
> first.aprs.net.
> Russ
> _

Was he using the D710 in KISS mode or normal command mode?

[The earlier D700 mobile and TH-D7 hand-held had notoriously poor KISS
handling, due to a too-small buffer in the TNC chip.]

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====