[aprssig] PacComm Spirit-2

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 03:51:40 UTC 2011

I hope you know this is a 9600 only TNC.  I did some Googling, but didn't see a manual on-line, but one of the manual sites may have it.
SPIRIT-2 PacCom 9600 Baud TNC

* Packet 9600 bps * 128K RAM * Battery backup * 64K EPROM * TNC-2 compatible * Configurable TheNet, XIJ2, ROSE or TexNet * Radio cable & plugs * RS-232 port * 12-14.5V DC * Size 125 x 33 x 235mm * Weight 750g

The Spirit-2 TNC-2 compatible high performance Packet controller for 9600 bps operation. The Spirit-2 can be used on computers with RS-232 ports with communication software or RS-232 dumb terminals. Factory setting for both terminal and radio ports is 9600 bps. The Spirit-2 goes beyond TNC-2 compatibility with support features used by TheNet, ROSE and Texnet firmware. Supplied with an excellent comprehensive Technical Reference Manual and interfacing instructions.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
I served during the cold war, so you can continue to be served a cold one.

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2010
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
TM-D700 | TH-F6A | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at: