[aprssig] ISS Tracking & Pass Information

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 03:45:06 UTC 2011

--- Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
> There's a new ISS object flying in APRS-IS, ...

> AOS: xx:yyz+aa:bbc - If you are not in a pass

Pretty cool!  More stuff for my Beginner Guide.

  RE xx:yyz
1-  Is this hh:mmZ  the delta time *to* the next AOS?   Why the "z"?  Just an identifier?
2-  Is it rounded to the nearest minute, or is it the minute before AOS?

  RE +aa:bbc
3-  Is this duration in minutes:seconds?  If so, then what is "c" for?