[aprssig] Tablet PC

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 22:28:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Does anyone use a Tablet PC for APRS ?

Kind'a.  Mine doesn't have GPS so I have a couple of APRS apps on there but they're not of much use.

     Viewsonic G-Tablet, often seen on woot.com for a decent price.  Android.

> I am looking for one I can put LINUX on.

I believe you can put Ubuntu on it.  Haven't tried.  I'm on my 3rd of 4th 3rd-party firmware already though.

I'm still on the waiting list to get one or more of the last run of HP touchpad's too.  If we ever hear from HP again.

Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html