[aprssig] APRSDroid on Kindle Fire?

Rob VK6UFO at multiline.com.au
Sun Apr 8 23:37:28 UTC 2012

On 08/04/12 22:14, Earl Needham wrote:
> THAT works!  I removed 0.6 and installed the OSM version, and it works
> just fine -- except I can't figure out how to enter either -103 or
> 103W or W103 in the manual position -- my Kindle Fire has left me and
> is now just outside of LANZHOU, CHINA!  LOL!

The lat and long are in signed degrees. There are a few online tools to
retrieve your location in various formats. This is one of them

Click on your location and the popup will give you lat and long in
signed degrees as well as a couple of other formats.

Eg Boston returns:
Long : -71.05614 W (-71° 3' 22'' W)
Lat : 42.36311 N (42° 21' 47'' N)
QTH locator : FN42LI
You would use Lon "-71.05614" and Lat "42.36311" for that location.

Give that a try when your Kindle returns from holidays