[aprssig] Pebble Smart Watch

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Thu Apr 19 14:20:05 UTC 2012

* Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> [2012-04-18 21:17]:
> If you back at the $220 level, you'll have a spare to ship to Georg.
> I'm sure he would more strongly consider supporting the Pebble in
> APRSdroid if he was gifted one :)

I must admit, I have been looking into the project as well, even though
I'm not usually wearing a wrist-watch. However, I am not sure how far it
is usable for APRS.

I suppose the long battery run-time can only be achieved if there is no
active Bluetooth connection. OTOH, such a connection would be required
for an APRS display. Still, it would make for an interesting tool to
display incoming APRS messages :)

73 de Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android ++ http://aprsdroid.org/m