[aprssig] Vehicle Signatures

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 5 21:13:35 UTC 2012

Crazy idea for vehicle signatures.

Knowing how electronic car control systems are becoming, I wonder how much
of a "signature" I s emitted by various makes and models.  Particularly, I
was wanting to detect the presence of Electric Cars.

A coil in the road, and look for some signature freqs.  Most of the RFI
emissions woiuld be speed related, but I wonder if there are some unique
single freqs emitted by some cars.  Maybe Ill go string a coil around mine
and hook to a spectrum analyzer and see if anything pops up.

Detecting hams blabbering on their radios would be easy.  But Im looking
for model...