[aprssig] Object Naming Conventions

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Feb 25 00:35:26 UTC 2012

- +=@#$%^&()~[]

> (Yes, that's a space between - and +).

Great.  But I am uncomfortable allowing the space.  I never intended for a
space to be included in a name.  Unfortunately DSTAR had no choice so I
guess we have to allow it just for them?

The only other suggestion was to not include the [].  But since we have
defined the optional [symbol] as having a SPACE delimiter from the
object_name, I would think they are OK.

What I do not understand is why the APRS spec for ITEMS had the prohibition
against using the underscore in the name.  That is one of the most common
ASCII character that is often included in names.  Any ideas as to why we
discluded them?

Bob, WB4APR