[aprssig] Can objects/items dead-reckon?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 16:43:21 UTC 2012

On 2/27/2012 11:12 AM, Andrew P. wrote:
> Greetings, all.
> I was looking at the spec regarding Objects and Items, and it's not clear whether a station sending such APRS messages can add a course and speed for Objects.
> Can course and speed be specified for an Object? I would presume so, given the stuff about tracking storms/hurricanes/etc., but can it be done for generic Objects?

In UIview, at least, you can.  The OBJECT creation dialog has fields for speed
and direction, in addition to initial location, nname, symbol and comment.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

*****  NEW   Precision Mapping 9 For UIview Released! *****

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping

30-meter HF APRS over PSK63