No subject

Thu Jan 12 15:55:29 UTC 2012

between the CGates, the only translation needed to flag the CGATE digi as<b=
r>
used (CGATE*). The TCP connection would probably use the KISS protocol as<b=
r>
the data format for simplicity, this would require KISS TNCs on each end to=
be able to send out packets with the callsign of the person on the other en=
d<br>
of the connection.<br>
A problem would be multiple CGates in range of a single RF originating<br>
station. In that case the operator would need to use the call of one of the=
CGates in place of the generic CGATE via. The other end is not a problem<br=

because the originator&#39;s CGate would only connect to a single CGate at =
the<br>
destination, though you may want to add in some sort of quality test in the=
routing table so the better of two CGates is the one in the table.<br>
Personally, I am not convinced this is worth the effort, I doubt it would<b=
r>
attract many users, but if someone wanted to try this is the way I would<br=

recommend they do it. You only need write one piece of software (the CGate)=
,<br>
the configuration is automatic, it uses existing infrastructure (at least<b=
r>
during testing) and the RF users need know nothing about the internet<br>
network, it just looks like a digi.<br>
Steve K4HG<br>