[aprssig] >APTHWX ToCall?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 14:54:32 UTC 2012

On 7/16/2012 10:17 AM, Boyd Prestwood K5YKG wrote:
> On 7/16/2012 8:26 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
>> Does anyone have any knowledge of the >APTHWX ToCall?

It's a made-up destination that means   Thai Weather:     AP  TH WX .

The website referenced in the beacons
.    <http://weatherwatch.in.th >
has a Thai top-level domain, is in Thai script, and appears to be something
similar to our CWOP (Citizens Weather Observer Program).

In the middle of the page is a diagram of what could p

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping

ass for the typical APRS weather station on RF, including what appears to be a
Comet base station "Super Gainer" collinear.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you will see several
logos including _ARES _(Amateur Radio Emergency Service).