[aprssig] APRS on the USS Constitution

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 27 20:50:54 UTC 2012

The USS Constitution will have an APRS tracker on board for its cruise in
August.
Im having trouble finding the date.  I think this is a special 1812
commemoration cruise and not the Annual turn-around cruise.

Callsign will be USNAVY-3 the Third US Navy ship commissioned and oldest
still in service.  HAM call will be the US Naval Academy's callsign W3ADO.

(assuming plans come through) and there are digipeaters in Boston!

I assume WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 will work in Boston.

Bob, WB4APR