[aprssig] Is FireNet Down?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 20:10:33 UTC 2012

[16:10 EDT]

On 6/27/2012 3:53 PM, Gerry Creager wrote:
> All,
> I've been trying to start organizing a move to minimize downtime. I
> will announce the move prior to its actual occurance: Right now there
> SHOULD be nothing to worry about.
> I apologize for the firenet problem. I'm trying to get the sys admins
> at A&M to check on that system for me now.
> 73 gerry N5JXS

Firenet is now back up and operating normally.

I decided to filter for it's actual intended purpose and and now displaying the
western fires on the all-US map on my UI-Webserver,     along with the usual
off-RF-only 30-meters HF APRS activity and firenet-supplied NWS warning
shapefiles that it has always shown.

.    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping