[aprssig] Two Space Stations on the APRS-IS !

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 17:18:04 UTC 2012

I have started filtering for Lynn's ISS object on my UIview webserver displays,
but have discovered that a second ISS lagging his by about a 1000 miles is also
being injected into the APRS-IS.    Screen cap from my UIview display as of
12:44 PM EDT ( 1644 UTC 14-Mar-2012) :

The information for the second (lagging one) seems completely bogus -- speed of
"only" 620 MPH.   What kind of statement is "AOS @ 15-03 06:19 LOC" ?   AOS

  Is this object junk, or is there some hidden meaning in it?

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

*****  NEW   Precision Mapping 9 For UIview Released! *****

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping

30-meter HF APRS over PSK63