[aprssig] Blue Horizon Balloon info

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 19:47:34 UTC 2012

Yikes!  Looks like information is all over the place.  My browser is not letting me get any useful info from the  Blue Horizon site (or it just isn't there).  All I heard last night on 30 M was "N2XE MT MT"  and "N2XE ME MT" at random, but frequent intervals.

I have been in email contact with John, N3XE and here's what he says a few minutes ago, Steve, K9DCI:

Thanks for the note, we really need an updated status for the balloon which is now somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean.  The website is www.projectbluehorizon.com and you can get a bunch of info there as well as report and telemetry you recieve.  The 30 meter beacon transimits at 10, 30 and 50 minutes after the hour on 10.1465 +/- 500 Hz depending on the payload temperature.  If you could copy the beacon we would be eternally greatful since we are not getting it here in New York.  IF you could spread the word, even better!

Yes the telemetry callsign is N2XE

The format is
Lat
Long